We just received our Vietnam visa in pdf format and the whole process was quick. If you are planning to travel to Vietnam, you must read up and understand the different types of visa required to enter the country based on the purpose of your stay. We wanted a single entry – 3 months in Vietnam that only good for airport entry to Vietnam, here are the steps we took:
- First we need an approval letter. Apply online for an approval letter. We used this company, the cheapest one we found is http://www.vietnamvisaprovider.com. Just click on “Apply Now” on their home page then follow instructions. It’s very simple.
- Once the company receives the application, you will get an email on how to pay for the service. Major credit cards and Pay Pal accounts are accepted. The cost is $15 per person for the service or approval letter.
- In exactly 2 working days, you receive an email with an attached PDF file of the approval letter, stamped and ready to go. The company will request to double check your name, passport number etc. Respond to confirm that everything looks good.
Here are the instructions once you get to the airport in Vietnam:
- Please prepare $25USD/person, which is stamping fee that you have to pay directly at the airport on arrival
- Please prepare 02 photos (size 4*6cm)
- Please print out the visa letter of approval and bring it with you.
- Request from the service provider an N1 Visa Application Form. You need to print it out, fill it out and submit with all the other documents at the airport.
Note: Bring exact dollar cash. Only dollar currency is accepted and there are no ATMs in the immigration area.